lmi

Re: [lmi] Copyright notices updated; 'aclocal/wxwin.m4', too

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Copyright notices updated; 'aclocal/wxwin.m4', too
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 03:20:30 +0100

On Fri, 09 Jan 2015 00:51:26 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Apparently 'aclocal/wxwin.m4' was touched but not actually changed:

http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/lmi/trunk/aclocal/wxwin.m4?root=lmi&r1=5967&r2=6081

 Apparently the file properties have changed, see

http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc?view=rev&root=lmi&revision=6081

where it has "props changed" in the details column and while ViewVC doesn't
seem to show the properties at all, the change was the addition of
svn:keywords property with the value of "Id", perhaps due to the
auto-properties configured on your system.

GC> Except for this yearly copyright update, I always name all files
GC> in an 'svn commit' command. In this case, though, I don't, because
GC> there are just too many.

 BTW, could the same consideration be possibly applied to the corresponding
change log entry? It's quite painful to scroll through 543 lines of
basically useless filler in it. OTOH I'm not sure if the ChangeLog is
really meant for the human consumption at all...

GC> Well, no harm done AFAICS.

 No, definitely none. I guess I should have set up svn:keywords for this
file when I added it for consistency with the other sources, but OTOH it's
not really useful for it, knowing that it's just a copy of a file from
another repository. And, of course, this is pretty academic anyhow knowing
that it doesn't have any "$Id:$" occurrences in it in any case.

 Regards,
VZ