lmi

Re: [lmi] Input-sequence editor testing

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Input-sequence editor testing
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2011 16:29:12 +0000

[...substantive questions follow the updated patch list...]

On 2011-06-26 14:52Z, Václav Slavík wrote:

> On 16 Jun 2011, at 17:29, Greg Chicares wrote:
>>> 20100901vs.patch
>>> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2010-09/msg00000.html
>>> 20100928vz.patch
>>> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2010-09/msg00001.html
>>> 20101105vs.patch
>>> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2010-11/msg00000.html
>
> There was an updated version too:
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-02/msg00000.html

Thanks for pointing that out.

>> ...and this one too:
>>
>>  20110413vs.patch
>> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-04/msg00002.html
>
> Including the three previous patches too, I assume? They were these, for
> reference:
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-03/msg00007.html
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-03/msg00006.html
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-03/msg00005.html

Thanks for pointing that out, too. I think this is a complete list of
your pending patches [postponing Vadim's, which are independent]:

20100901vs.patch
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2010-09/msg00000.html
20110226vs.patch
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-02/msg00000.html
20110321vs.patch
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-03/msg00002.html
20110329vs-1.patch
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-03/msg00007.html
20110329vs-2.patch
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-03/msg00006.html
20110329vs-3.patch
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-03/msg00005.html
20110413vs.patch
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-04/msg00002.html
    [...a -1.patch file here was superseded on 20110705...]
20110629vs-2.patch
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-06/msg00057.html
20110705vs.patch
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-07/msg00005.html

and in my local tree I've applied them to HEAD in chronological order,
except for the last two (the 20110705 replacement for this patch:
  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-06/msg00056.html
must precede this one:
  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2011-06/msg00057.html
):

patch <vs/20100901vs.patch
patch <vs/20110226vs.patch
patch <vs/20110321vs.patch
patch <vs/20110329vs-1.patch
patch <vs/20110329vs-2.patch
patch <vs/20110329vs-3.patch
patch <vs/20110413vs.patch
patch <vs/20110705vs.patch
patch <vs/20110629vs-2.patch

All apply correctly. I added this forward declaration to 'input_sequence.hpp':
  class Input;
and everything compiles without error.

Can you tell me how to make the following two cosmetic changes please?

(1) I edit an input sequence with many rows:
  40000 2;99999;100000;100001;110000;120000;130000;140000;150000;0
and I need to move the pop-up dialog window up a little so that I can see it
all.
Specifically, I'm using msw-xp with a two-row taskbar, and the window seems to
be
positioned so that it fits on the screen, but the taskbar covers up the bottom
of
it. Can this be changed so that the bottom of the dialog is confined to the
"client area" as defined here:
  http://docs.wxwidgets.org/stable/wx_wxdisplay.html#wxdisplaygetclientarea
? The code says:
    // Center the window on the [...] button for best locality -- it will be
    // close to user's point of attention and the mouse cursor.
    InputSequenceEditor editor(button_, title_, in);
    editor.CentreOnParent();
so I guess this may be a question about the CentreOnParent() implementation.
(I'm running at 800x600 resolution, which makes me more likely than others to be
troubled by this.)

(2) In the input-sequence editor, Enter navigates to the next control. Elsewhere
in lmi, Enter triggers the default pushbutton; can that same style be used here
for consistency? Inserting 'ok_button_->SetDefault()' near the bottom of
InputSequenceEditor::InputSequenceEditor() seems to work, but I'm not sure
whether something bad would happen if the button is disabled as mentioned here:

  void InputSequenceEditor::update_diagnostics()
  {
      // Validate the sequence and if it's not valid, show an error
      // and disable the OK button.

(Of course, if the sequence is invalid, then "OK" should be disabled, and the
Enter key shouldn't really do anything.)