lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] Generating screenshots automatically

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] Generating screenshots automatically
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:28:55 +0100

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:10:09 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2009-02-22 14:23Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:13:07 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
GC> > GC> What's the best way to proceed?
GC> >
GC> >  I'll modify wxXmlResource to allow accessing the custom attributes and
GC> > also add support for enumerating all top-level objects in an XRC file to
GC> > it. And I hope to do both of those today.
GC>
GC> Will those changes be in wx-2.9.0?

 Yes.

GC> > remains to be done and I don't know if you want me to do it (and if so
GC> > how/where exactly) or if you prefer to do it yourself.
GC>
GC> I'd rather ask you to do it, and send me a patch as usual. As for
GC> how and where, let's promote the "premature idea" here:
GC>
GC> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2009-02/msg00026.html
GC>
GC> to "mature". All that's missing there is to surround the call with
GC> an appropriate conditional, and wire that into the GUI somehow;
GC> but I'll take care of that myself.

 Sorry, I didn't quite understand that idea back then but didn't ask as it
was premature. Now that it has matured -- and I still don't understand it
-- I do need to ask: what exactly should this do, i.e. should this generate
a bitmap and save it to file (doesn't seem very useful), generate the
bitmap and open it in a separate window (still strange), open a window with
help HTML in it, ...?

 Thanks,
VZ