lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] Generating screenshots automatically

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] Generating screenshots automatically
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:06:30 +0100

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 15:33:16 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Yet another variation: instead of drawing lines or arrows to connect a
GC> control to its annotation, enumerate both serially. Then the annotations
GC> read as footnotes. Here's a specimen wherein to save time I number only
GC> five fields, but I think it makes the idea clear:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/file/skin_plan_panel-numbered.png?file_id=17447

 Here is the automatically-produced version:

   https://savannah.nongnu.org/file/skin_panel_20090219.png?file_id=17486

The placement is not as good as in your version, in particular I probably
should ensure that (1) is not partially clipped. And I also wonder if it
wouldn't be better to put the footnotes to the right, rather than to the
left, to avoid overwriting the labels -- but it could make it less clear
which window do they refer to.

 OTOH this version does have nice anti-aliased circles (I had to use
anti-aliasing for them as otherwise they looked really bad at such small
size) :-) More importantly, it also handles radio buttons correctly as you
can see. And, although you can't see it, it also measures HTML properly so
there is no risk of it being cut off by the screen size. IOW I solved the
bugs 1 and 2. But the other questions of
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2009-02/msg00027.html still remain
actual.

 Thanks,
VZ