lmi

Re: [lmi] Generating screenshots automatically

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Generating screenshots automatically
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 16:38:57 +0000

On 2009-02-14 22:28Z, Greg Chicares wrote:
> A tool has QWAN when it's useful for an unanticipated purpose. The
> more numerous the pleasant surprises, the greater the QWAN.

One more idea that might be useful: can your work be embedded in lmi?
If so, then the program could generate its own annotated screenshots
dynamically. That's distinctly better than generating them off to the
side and then worrying about whether we're distributing the right ones.

Today it would be premature to consider where to embed it, what UI to
offer, and so on. But if you'd like a premature idea, call it from
'mvc_controller.cpp', in MvcController::MvcController(), right after
the WXXRC dialog is loaded:

    if(!wxXmlResource::Get()->LoadDialog(this, parent, view_.MainDialogName()))
        {
        fatal_error() << "Unable to load dialog." << LMI_FLUSH;
        }
+
+   ExtravasateAnnotatedScreenshots(BookControl());

    BookControl().ChangeSelection(last_selected_page[view_.ResourceFileName()]);

I know, I started off thinking this would probably be a command-line
tool, but I didn't realize it'd serve so many uses.