lmi

Re: [lmi] Non-ASCII characters in wx html help

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Non-ASCII characters in wx html help
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 01:50:47 +0000

On 2008-04-23 11:56Z, Vaclav Slavik wrote:

> Greg Chicares wrote:
>> > Not currently, but I can [try to] implement it. wxHTML translates
>> > tabs inside <pre> into series of &nbsp; characters, so it would
>> > need to be changed to do this later, when rendering (apparently,
>> > that's what Firefox does).
>>
>> I would welcome that change if it turns out to be practicable.
>
> Implemented and checked into 2.8 branch (i.e. will be part of 2.8.8):
> http://svn.wxwidgets.org/viewvc/wx?view=rev&revision=53318

In order to get this feature, I'm thinking of upgrading now to
wx-2.8.9 . I don't imagine there's any reason to prefer wx-2.8.8,
but please let me know if I'm missing something.

This particular feature alone may be worth the cost of upgrading
because it lets us embed pastable examples in the html help file
to demonstrate "Census | Paste census data", an often-used feature
that many end users need help with.