lmi

Re: Re[2]: [lmi] How to build lmi from source on GNU/Linux

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [lmi] How to build lmi from source on GNU/Linux
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:53:17 +0200

On Sun, 2008-09-21 at 15:41 +0200, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
>  I admit I simply don't understand how is it possible for this to
> happen.

This is strange: I can reproduce this problem on my Linux machine (IOW,
not specific to Cygwin) with wx-2.8's wxwin.m4, but *not* with trunk's
wxwin.m4:

$ wx=$HOME/devel/wx ./autogen.sh
Setting up build system for lmi:
 - aclocal
 - libtoolize
 - autoconf
 - autoheader
 - automake
configure.ac:433: `BOOST_LIBS' includes configure substitution
address@hidden@'
configure.ac:433: and is referred to from `product_files_SOURCES';
configure.ac:433: configure substitutions are not allowed in _SOURCES
variables
configure.ac:477: `XMLWRAPP_LIBS' includes configure substitution
address@hidden@'
configure.ac:477: and is referred to from `product_files_SOURCES';
configure.ac:477: configure substitutions are not allowed in _SOURCES
variables
Automatic build files setup failed!
$
(I did never see these errors before, will need to have a look at this
too...)

But with 2.8's:

$ wx=$HOME/devel/wx-2.8 ./autogen.sh
Setting up build system for lmi:
 - aclocal
 - libtoolize
 - autoconf
configure.ac:87: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
Automatic build files setup failed!
$

No idea why, though, I don't see anything suspicious in 2.8's version at
a glance. Normally, this kind of errors indicates some outdated cache
and calls for full regeneration of the makefiles and configure, but that
doesn't seem to be the case here.

Regards,
Vaclav