lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] How to build lmi from source on GNU/Linux

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] How to build lmi from source on GNU/Linux
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 00:41:06 +0200

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 21:58:40 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> $aclocal --version | head -n 1
GC> aclocal (GNU automake) 1.10.1
GC>
GC> $automake --version | head --lines=1
GC> automake (GNU automake) 1.10.1
GC>
GC> So I guess we want the same version of two different programs,
GC> but perhaps I've got the same version of...the same program?

 The output is the same here, i.e. aclocal --version does mention automake
but I always thought that it was because both aclocal and automake programs
were part of the automake package. They're definitely 2 different programs
here.

GC> I guess that means that both point to the same script. It's a
GC> 135-line bash script, apparently taken from gentoo, and it
GC> says in part:
GC>
GC> # Executes the correct automake version.
GC> #
GC> # - defaults to automake-1.10
GC>
GC> Is it wrong to map aclocal to an automake wrapper?

 Looking at am-wrapper.sh (found somewhere on the web so it might be a
different version from the one you have but the idea is surely the same),
it simply executes the file called "$0-$version" where version defaults to
1.10 but may be 1.9 or before in some cases. So it should still end up by
executing /usr/bin/aclocal-1.10. Is it there? I guess there might be a
problem if it were not available, but it seems unlikely. If it is there I
have no ideas about what could be wrong right now but could I ask you to
run "aclocal-1.10 -I $wx" manually in the LMI directory and see if it
outputs any errors or warnings please?

 I'll try to install this 1.10.1 version here to test it too (I see that it
is available as a choice in Cygwin setup) a.s.a.p. For now I just tested
with automake 1.10 and it worked without any problems. So an alternative
could be to downgrade your Cygwin automake to 1.10 (it is called 1.10-1 in
setup, not to be confused with 1.10.1-0 which is your version).

 Sorry for all these problems,
VZ