lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] a less trivial patch: don't use deprecated MakeDefaultName(

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] a less trivial patch: don't use deprecated MakeDefaultName() + refactoring
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 19:29:59 +0200

On Wed, 21 May 2008 16:58:01 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> BTW, it looks like DoWriteDocument() is never called. But instead
GC> of investigating that, I think we should step back and question
GC> the "TODO" comment in light of the foregoing discussion, and the
GC> conclusion is probably that we shouldn't introduce a new base
GC> class.

 I definitely agree that my patch is not enough on its own but I thought it
was a step in the right direction and at the very least it allowed me to
fix the other problems (MakeNewDocumentName(), LMI_WX_CHILD_DOCUMENT, ...)
in one place instead of doing it twice. I still think that whatever further
refactoring may be needed (and I agree with the parts of your message that
I omitted) it would be nice to refactor one class and not two. And I don't
see any real disadvantages with having this base class.

 But maybe I am missing the big picture here so I definitely won't insist
if you decide to keep it as is.

GC> >  Other than refactoring needed to fix this TODO there are only 2 real
GC> > changes in the patch:
GC> >
GC> > 1. Use MakeNewDocumentName() instead of deprecated MakeDefaultName().
GC>
GC> Committed 20080516T1354Z

 Thanks!

GC> > 2. Remove LMI_WX_CHILD_DOCUMENT before passing flags to wxDocument.
GC> >
GC> >    I think it is wrong to use undefined (at wx level) flags with
GC> >    wxDocument, at the very least this may (and should, although currently
GC> >    doesn't) result in an assert about unknown flag.
GC>
GC> That's a good point. Can you write a patch that fixes this one
GC> problem only please?

 Sure, I'll wait a little bit just in case you decide we can have my base
class but if you don't reply any more I'll write a small patch to fix just
this.

 Thanks,
VZ