lmi

Re: [lmi] Popup contextual help appears at mouse position

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Popup contextual help appears at mouse position
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:56:13 +0000

On 2008-03-03 02:08Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:22:53 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> > Otherwise, show help "near" the control: by default, position it just
> under
> GC> > it but place it above instead if it wouldn't fit on screen otherwise
> (this
> GC> > is a bit tricky as I don't know right now how to get the size of the
> GC> > tooltip window).
>
>  This patch:
>
> http://svn.wxwidgets.org/viewvc/wx/wxWidgets/branches/WX_2_8_BRANCH/src/common/wincmn.cpp?r1=52272&r2=52271&pathrev=52272
>
> is the minimal necessary fix which implements showing the help popup
> underneath the window instead of at the mouse position unless the mouse is
> over the window.

This is strange: I observe no change in behavior with that patch.
It still behaves exactly as I'd reported. It's as though the new
code conditional on
  if ( origin == wxHelpEvent::Origin_Keyboard )
in wxWindowBase::OnHelp() isn't getting executed. I'm not
overriding OnHelp(); I do have [reformatted]
  EVT_MENU(wxID_HELP,Skeleton::UponHelp)
which merely does
  help_controller_->DisplayContents();
but here we're talking about contextual help in a dialog.

I feel confident that I've applied the patch correctly. I just
looked again at 'wincmn.cpp' and it contains this patch as well
as Vaclav's revision 52200. I feel confident that I've rebuilt it
correctly because revision 52200 does have its intended effect,
and I combined both patches before rebuilding.