lmi

Re: [lmi] A GUI test for pasting

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] A GUI test for pasting
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:49:14 +0000

On 2008-02-02 20:54Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:

> [1] See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.wxwidgets.devel/97074
>     BTW, while I didn't look at it yet, I think that it might make sense to
>     use this testing framework rather than reimplementing it inside LMI.
>     It is built around the same idea (basically wxPostEvent() + wxYield())
>     but is probably more extensive and, anyhow, why duplicate the work.

This might be beneficial for lmi. We've already got this:
  http://cvs.sv.gnu.org/viewvc/lmi/skeleton/mvc_test.cpp
which suffices for extensive testing of lmi's MVC framework
because that framework is not event driven at all.

OTOH, there are plenty of other useful tests that we could
do if we could manipulate events. There's a long list of
tests that someone performs manually before every release,
such as
 - running all the tests on the "Test" menu in lmi
 - opening and closing files of various types
and it would be really nice to automate that work. The
problem with last month's release was that we didn't have
anything on the "Test" menu for pasting, which is why I've
been adding code to do that.