lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] A GUI test for pasting

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] A GUI test for pasting
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 01:46:39 +0100

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 15:46:32 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> But I can't get it to work yet. With ::SendMessage(), I reach
GC> the last test in Skeleton::UponPaste(), but return early because
GC> that test fails:
GC>
GC>     wxTextDataObject test_data;
GC>     if(!wxTheClipboard->GetData(test_data))
GC>         {
GC> +       warning() << "Early return." << LMI_FLUSH;
GC>         return;
GC>         }

 This is because the test currently doesn't put any text data on the
clipboard (unlike Excel which puts it on clipboard in 23 different formats
as I just counted, including "link", "text" and "Unicode text").

GC> I'd really like this to work, but I'm badly stuck. Could I ask
GC> you to write a patch that successfully tests pasting as if from
GC> ms 'excel'?

 Unfortunately I wasn't able to produce it today because I have some
(unrelated and certainly due to some local misconfiguration) problems with
building LMI right now. But normally it should be enough to do just

        wxTheClipboard->AddData(new wxTextDataObject("1\r\n2\r\n3\r\n"));

(after the existing "wxTheClipboard->AddData(x);" line) but I didn't test
it yet.

 I'll try to test it tomorrow but maybe this can be already helpful to you
in the meanwhile. If you have a moment to test it, please do let me know if
it still doesn't work.

 Thanks,
VZ