lmi

Re: [lmi] product editor patch

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: [lmi] product editor patch
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 16:41:41 +0100

Greg Chicares wrote:
> (A) 'make check_concinnity' complains about new '.xpm' files.
> I can fix that with
>   sed -e's/static const unsigned char \*/static char const\*/'
> if there's no objection. If you feel that 'unsigned char' is
> better,

It doesn't really matter, both ways are different from what image
editors output (or at least GIMP and ImageMagick; I don't know if
Evgeniy edited the files manually or if he had some tool that did
output his version).

> I guess the last one has nothing to do with the first two, and
> is just a stray marker that never got erased. It would be nice
> to enhance 'make check_concinnity' to find things like that,
> maybe by invoking the W3C validator.

I'm not sure how would W3C validator help. We don't have any schema
for XRC format that could be validated and the file is well-formed
XML file even with this bug in it, so xmllint cannot detect the
problem (in absence of a schema forbidding this). But yes, it would
be nice to write XML Schema or Schematron rules for XRC format and
validate it.

> where some smart pointer that was apparently overkill is now
> a plain stack object that needs 's/->/./'.

I uploaded revised patch to Savannah with this and other things
(AAAA..., XPM files) fixed.

Thanks,
Vaclav

--