lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] axes editing controls

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] axes editing controls
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:30:17 +0100

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 05:23:45 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> > What I'm aiming for is not
GC> > necessarily using single (C++) type for all axes here, but single
GC> > base type more specific than wxWindow, so that we can manipulate the
GC> > control without dynamic_cast<>:
GC>
GC> AFAICT, if you want, you can actually go all the way to the
GC> perfect simplicity of one single C++ type (wxComboBox) for all
GC> axes.

 I'm a bit confused here: do you really mean wxComboBox and not wxChoice?
wxComboBox allows entering values not present in the list of choices, do we
really want this? It may make sense to allow entering the age or duration
directly but IMHO it would be a bad idea to do it for other fields.

 Could you please clarify whether you really want to use wxComboBox for all
the axes?

 Thanks,
VZ