lmi

RE: [lmi] RE: product editor branch created

From: Boutin, Wendy
Subject: RE: [lmi] RE: product editor branch created
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:40:41 -0500

Your most recent change in cvs fixed the problem I reported,
so thank you again. I hope you don't mind that I'm still
returning for more help because I keep running into things
I can't resolve on my own. Unfortunately, I still had this
problem:

Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:45:07 -0500 "Boutin, Wendy"
> <address@hidden> wrote:

[re-inserted]
> make.EXE[1]: *** No rule to make target `policy_view_editor.o', needed
> by `lmi_wx_shared.exe'.

It looks like this change:
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/lmi/objects.make?r1=1.96&root=lmi&sortby=file&r2=1.96.2.1&only_with_tag=product-editor_branch

seems to be the only file that contains 'policy_view_editor':

c:/opt/lmi/src/lmi[0]$grep -i 'policy_view_editor' *.*
objects.make:  policy_view_editor.o \

so I'm wondering if there are missing files, or if that's
what's really intended? I made this change locally to my
'objects.make':

 - policy_view_editor.o
 + product_editor.o

It seemed to get me closer to what I expect, but I don't know
that it was actually correct because that led to this problem:

/MinGW-20050827/bin/g++ -o lmi_wx_shared.exe about_dialog.o alert_wx.o
census_document.o census_view.o
[...]
database_document.o:c:/opt/lmi/src/lmi/database_document.cpp:111: undefined
reference to `DBDictionary::CachedFilename'
database_document.o: In function `operator=':
/MinGW-20050827/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.4/../../../../include/c++/3.4.4/bits/basic_string.h:427:
 undefined reference to `DBDictionary::CachedFilename'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

The two problems seem unrelated, but I'd like to ask for your
help again if I can.

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is
proprietary, privileged and/or confidential and is
intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by
any person other than the intended recipient or the
intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies.