lmi

Re: [lmi] Calc Summary Testing 'Relative Paths'

From: Evgeniy Tarassov
Subject: Re: [lmi] Calc Summary Testing 'Relative Paths'
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 14:42:30 +0100

On 11/9/06, Ericksberg, Richard <address@hidden> wrote:
Observed with gnome-xml-branch taken 2006-11-08 15:00 UTC.

NOTE: For the purpose of this test, configurable_settings.xml
contained '<xslt_directory></xslt_directory>'.

I created a case using all default values and selected
'File' | 'Print Preview' from the main menu. I get this
error message:

---------------------------
Lmi_wx Warning
---------------------------
Error formatting ledger values as xsl-fo: 'Unable to parse xsl
stylesheet file '../../data/illustration_reg.xsl': Parser failed.
[file c:/opt/lmi/src/lmi/xml_lmi.cpp, line 398]
'.
[file c:/opt/lmi/src/lmi/ledger_text_formats.cpp, line 274]
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

It is looking for my 'illustration_reg.xsl' in '../../data/' which
is not normally where it is:

  <xsl_fo_directory>/fop-0.20.5</xsl_fo_directory>

Putting 'illustration_reg.xsl' into '../../data/' solves the problem
but I'm not sure this is how it should work. I saw there was a previous
issue related to this but have not seen if a resolution was decided.

Oh, yes. The gnome-xml-branch code looks for all the *.xsl files in
the data directory. After inspecting the HEAD i can see that this file
used to reside in the same directory as xsl-fo processor.

If you think that these files (illustration_reg.xsl,
individual_private_placement.xsl and nasd.xsl) have to be kept in the
same directory as the xsl-fo procesor used, then the current code will
need to be slightly modified.

IMHO now, when lmi has more xml resources (than the old 3 files used
for xsl-fo generation) i think it is better to store the files in the
data directory, since xml resources belong to the lmi application
itself and not to the xsl-fo processor.