Re: [Linphone-users] regarding codecs....

From: Shailabh Shubhisham
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] regarding codecs....
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:32:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mikhail,

About the files where the linphone connects to the
codec I think it is using the sdphandler.c file in
linphone-0.12.2/osipua/src as also the sdp_negoc.c
file in libosip-0.9.7/fsm/sdp_negoc.c but I think the
main file is the sdphandler.c file while the function
of the sdp_negoc.c file is as written in the
sdp_negoc.h file for

"The only goal of the SDP negotiator is to make sure
only one line of audio codec is accepted (the first
one) and only one line of video codec is accepted (the
first one). It also remove from the media lines, the
codec that you don't support without asking you.
(Also, you can still refuse the codec you support.)"

While the spdhandler.c file is the main file for
accepting and setting the codecs I am still not 100%
sure and I think only Simon will be able to tell us
for sure whether it is the file which  we are looking
for.

Mikhail, Could you also please go through these two
files and cross check whether what I am inferring
about the codecs connection part is corrct or seems to
be correct i.e. these 2 files seem to be the main file
for connection to the codecs.

I have one more question though.In the README file in
mediastreamer is written that "Mediastreamer is
currently unused in linphone". So what purpose do the
files in mediastreamer serve?

Regards,
Shailabh

Regards,