[Linphone-users] regarding codecs....

From: Shailabh Shubhisham
Subject: [Linphone-users] regarding codecs....
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 04:00:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

I  have been using linphone for quite some time and
its' been quite nice. I plan to use linphone a bit
differently. Instead of linphone having to talk to
the codecs I would use an Integrated Circuit
instead.So that simply means that instead of using
codecs(a software for  encoding and decoding voice) I
will be using a hardware instead to input the audio to
the hardware and output it from the hardware. I just
need to know which file actually gets the linophone
operating to the codecs.I was trying to search and
have got a few files though.For eg in
libosip-0.9.7/fsm directory I have the sdp_negoc.c
file in which there is a function sdp_confirm_media
function which seems to be the file though.

Or is it that  it first sets the codec type that it
would choose (speex or whatever)in some file and then
once that it is set it uses the encoder and decoder
functions provided in that particular codec type; for
eg in the linphone-0.12.2/speex/src directory we have
the speexenc.c and speexdec.c.

Could somebody please shed light on the matter.Thanks
in advance.

Regards,
Shailabh

=====
La mejor manera de perder alguien deberá ser sentado luego a ellos instruido
que usted no los puede tener.