Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone error "Could not start tls transport

From: Saumar Hajjar
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone error "Could not start tls transport on port"
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 23:45:41 -0300

I don't know Linphone team reasons to drop OpenSSL, but this would be a very fair one: The Heartbleed Bug

Em 10/4/2014 17:56, KheOps escreveu:

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 10:39:42PM +0200, Neteru wrote:
Hi thanks for your quick response. I use indeed the wonderful
"ArchLinux" with Linphone version 3.7.0.
Why is OpenSSL dropped? And why PolarSSL?
As far as I understood, this seems to be due to a lack of trust that the
Linphone team has towards OpenSSL.

However, I did not see any official statement or justification from the
team to explain the move. This seems to me a fairly important choice in
terms of security, so it may have been good to have a few lines in a
ChangeLog or something.

Does this mean that Linphone
is now broken on my system. I don't use Encryption for linphone cause I
only call to land lines.
I don't know. When I upgrade to 3.7.0 and noticed that TLS was broken, I
had to to change my account transport to TCP, because obviously TLS did
not work.

Apart from losing TLS encryption, Linphone continued to work fine for
me.

I will try to follow the steps that you have provided in your link:
https://w.ceops.eu/words/posts/Compiling%20Linphone%203.7.0%20with%20TLS%20and%20ZRTP%20support/
Feel free to ask!