[Linphone-developers] Audio streams without an associated system device

From: Darren Kulp
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Audio streams without an associated system device
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 10:27:42 -0600

Hello,

I am interested in using liblinphone in the implementation of a Bell 103 SIP
softmodem (it's a strange project). However I cannot see a way to use
liblinphone with an application that already has direct access to sampled audio
data ; the API I see at
http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases//linphone/docs/liblinphone/group__media__parameters.html
 indicates that I can only connect liblinphone to a system device. I would like
to supply a callback to liblinphone that allows it to give me decoded audio
data from a connected audio call, and another callback that allows me to supply
audio of my own to be encoded and transmitted.

Am I understanding this correctly ? If so, can anyone provide guidance on
whether this is likely to be straightforward to add to liblinphone for my
personal use ? If I do eventually add such functionality, would it be welcomed
in liblinphone or is it out of scope for the project ? Consider that I would be
adding this functionality for audio only, and so I assume that if such
functionality were included it would be desired to support video as well.

Thanks.

--darren