[Linphone-developers] How to build linphone under Ubuntu

From: Ketan Tang
Subject: [Linphone-developers] How to build linphone under Ubuntu
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 17:04:34 +0800

Dear friends,

I'm now trying to build linphone under Ubuntu. However I cannot find any instructions. There is only README file for macos, mingw and arm. Can some help me a bit? I'm really new in this...

The things I tried but not worked:

1. I tried build linphone directly using "./autogen.sh, ./configure", then it stoped saying osip2 missing,
2. I downloaded libosip2-3.5.0, after "autogen.sh, configure, make, make install", everything went fine. However I still cannot build linphone, and using "dpkg -s libosip2" or "dpkg -s osip2" I got nothing returned, which means building and installing libosip2 didn't succeed.
3. I tried to bypass this step by using
      apt-cache search libosip2
      sudo apt-get install libosip2-dev
However when building linphone I was still stuck getting message like "osip2 missing".

Any help will be appreciated.

Best,
Arthur Tang