Re: [Linphone-developers] How to build linphone under Ubuntu

From: Manit Chanthavong
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] How to build linphone under Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 09:13:40 -0500

looks like you are using a new version of ffmpeg. Those flags are deprecated. You can find the corresponding flags in ffmpeg or just use this:

#define CODEC_FLAG_PART   0x0080  ///< use data partitioning
#define CODEC_FLAG_H263P_UMV      0x02000000 ///< Unlimited motion vector
#define CODEC_FLAG_H263P_SLICE_STRUCT 0x10000000
#define FF_I_TYPE 1

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 3:06 AM, Jonathan Rosser <address@hidden> wrote:
On 05/30/12 06:49, Ketan Tang wrote:
> Dear Jonathan,
>
> Thank you very much for your kind reply. However after updating all
> related packages (speex, osip, eXosip, ffmpeg) to latest version using
> git clone, I still cannot build linphone. I got errors as follows.
>
> in videoenc.c: CODEC_FLAG_H263P_UMV undeclared.
> in videoenc.c: CODEC_FLAG_H263P_SLICE_STRUCT undeclared.
> in videoenc.c: FF_I_TYPE undeclared.
>
> I guess the problem is with ffmpeg (which includes libavcodec). However
> I've tried lower versions and they didn't work either.
>
> What should I do now?

I am building for Ubuntu 12.04, and find that the ffmpeg version
supplied with that distribution is suitable for building the current
linphone.

I expect that the most recent ffmpeg has API changes that cause problems
with linphone/mediastreamer2.

The only packages which were not new enough were osip and exosip.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan.