Re: [Linphone-developers] video quality in mediastreamer on android

From: Pierre-Eric Pelloux-Prayer
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] video quality in mediastreamer on android
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:00:52 +0200

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Johnny Meet <address@hidden> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'm using the Mediastreamer app in the linphone-android repository to send a
> video stream from my Android camera to my computer. The video quality is
> very low (pixelated, lagging etc.). What can I do to improve this? Is this a
> network issue?

Hi,
MediastreamActivity has been improved recently.
Using the option menu, you can switch between codecs (vp8/mpeg4), and
bitrate constraint (which directly influences video resolution)
Would you mind redoing your test and see if image quality is better ?
Could you send me the logs of your test too ?

BR,
Pierre-Eric