[Linphone-developers] Jitter Buffer with Timestamp issue

From: Jim Lu
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Jitter Buffer with Timestamp issue
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:09:40 +0800

Dears,

I found some interesting in the Jitter Buffer and TimeStamp.
When I tried to make a video phone call on my Android with
Linphone on PC. Everything seems fine here. However, if I
tried to communicate with SIP Communicator on PC, there
will cause some delay on Android Linphone. But Sip
Communicator seems goes fine.

So I tried to rebuild the /submodules/linphone/oRTP/src/rtpsession.c
and change the line 1067. I replaced
mp = rtp_getq_permissive(&session->rtp.rq, ts,&rejected);
with
mp=getq(&session->rtp.rq);
and redo the ndk-build and rebuild my eclipse project and deploy
to Android. The result seems become acceptable.
So I think maybe I can share this experience with you all.
Hoping this change will be useful for someone.

Best Regards,
Jim Lu

--
盧長駿 ,Jim Lu , จิม , はやお