[Linphone-developers] GUI question

From: Maxim Podbereznyy
Subject: [Linphone-developers] GUI question
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:01:15 +0400

Hi Simon!

I begin a medium size project for some VoIP application. In a previous product (ARM9 based VoIP phone) I used Linphone-3.1.2 and it appeared to be very reliable and porting-friendly application. The product I released used console based version, now I need a GUI based version because a phone will have TFT screen.

I have two options in implementing GUI: GTK or QT. Unfortunately I don't have any experience in GTK, so QT seems to be preferable. The only thing I want to know while choosing between these two: which is faster? I have experience in QT and know that qt applications are extremely huge with static linking and very slow. Know nothing about this for GTK. The matter of fact all ARM9 based platforms are very slow because of flash used and the core frequency is not high.

However the main question is:
What is the best way to implement own GUI interface over the Linphone application? I don't think hacking of the console version is very effective. I found liblinphone and think about to use it. Pics of Linphone-Android client look very nice :)

regards,
Max