Re: [Linphone-developers] GUI question

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] GUI question
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:33:56 +0200

Hi Maxim,

I don't know QT.
However I'm pretty happy with the fastness of GTK.
Personnally, I have been a KDE user for many years, but I finally
switched to gnome recently because KDE4 was really too slow (and also a
bit buggy). I don't know if it because of QT or because of the heaviness
of the KDE4 framework.
I think QT is probably easier to develop than gtk. The object model of
GTK+ in C is very powerful, but it is a bit re-inventing what the C++
compiler does when we write C++ code.
I agree that using liblinphone is recommended for faster and tiny
interaction between the core and the gui.

Simon