Re: LilyPond talk in German at Chemnitzer Linuxtage

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LilyPond talk in German at Chemnitzer Linuxtage
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 12:22:14 +0100

Valentin Petzel <valentin@petzel.at> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> one important thing this talk has taught us is that you are not too
> fluent with Frescobaldi :).

You bet.  But I still considered it a saner choice to showcase compared
to Emacs (which is what I use).

Maybe someoneā„¢ should just use all of the libraries Frescobaldi uses for
parsing LilyPond stuff to bootstrap a first Emacs mode worth its salt.

I also discovered that the Frescobaldi documentation talks about Rumor
integration while in the actual editor Rumor support appears to have
been replaced by native MIDI support with less functionality.

The native MIDI support would require recording of timing information to
facilitate better chord/note distinction and quantisation support.

--
David Kastrup