Re: LilyPond talk in German at Chemnitzer Linuxtage

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LilyPond talk in German at Chemnitzer Linuxtage
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 09:13:51 +0100

Aaron Hill <lilypond@hillvisions.com> writes:

> On 2023-03-11 3:55 am, David Kastrup wrote:
>> Hi,
>> just a heads-up for a talk about LilyPond happening at 5pm MET
>> (UTC+1).
>> It's being streamed (and there will be a recording available a few
>> weeks
>> later).
>> Essentially I will talk a bit about what LilyPond is and how to use
>> it
>> and will demonstrate Frescobaldi for entering a piece.  If I am fast
>> enough, also showing how to use MIDI.
>> And, uh.  Accommodation and transport (it's in Saxonia, deep East of
>> Germany) do cut into my rather small pockets, so if you feel like
>> offsetting this, there is a Paypal account associated with my Email
>> address...
>> Hope the streaming works out, and maybe see you later!
>
> Well, the three years of German I *barely* passed in high school will
> not be enough for me to follow real, fluent speech without a written
> transcript.  So while I will not be able to join, I do hope everything
> goes smoothly with your presentation.

Thanks for those of you who actually did pick up my tab here with
Paypal!  I'll try adding an English sub once the recordings are
available for download, as a "thank you" for the largest chunk of help.

It probably helps that almost every time I do a talk in German, I forget
to switch my locale to German, so the whole Frescobaldi interface is
already in English in that talk...

--
David Kastrup