Re: trillSpan question:

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: trillSpan question:
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 14:21:48 +0100

…
>  Another related question: what is the difference in the actual
> performance of the two types?

The trill symbol only applies to the note it is written above, so if the latter
is tied to one or more following notes, one must make clear which ones of those
the trilling should be extended to. The notation says nothing about how the
trilled should be performed other than that.

Then \stopTrillSpan should be put after the last of those notes that should be
trilled.

There could be other uses, but that us how I think of it.