Re: Articulations in Separate Voice

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Articulations in Separate Voice
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2022 21:13:41 +0100

Hi Gregory,

My goal is to be able to turn articulations on and off easily, especially for different versions of the same score.

Questions
1. Is this the best way to separate articulations from the melody?
2. Is there a better way to turn articulations on and off?
3. How do I avoid collisions between the articulations and the note stems?

I think I'd just add the articulations directly to the music and filter them out at a later stage. It's not hard to write a scheme function that, for example, removes articulations of given types (here downbow/upbow), and there were similar examples recently on this list. (A recent change I made to LilyPond itself made that still easier, but these will only be available publicly when 2.23.6 is released.)

Before I give an example: Would this method be acceptable for you?

Lukas