Re: Feedback wanted: syntax highlighting in the LilyPond documentation

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Feedback wanted: syntax highlighting in the LilyPond documentation
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2022 17:12:43 +0000

On 02/01/2022 16:32, Jean Abou Samra wrote:

I am colorblind (which BTW means that it's hard to distinguish certain
colors, not that everything is gray).

Sorry if I gave a wrong impression. I didn't
mean that everything actually looked gray, just
that it was the extreme imaginary case encompassing
all types of colorblindness (I think there are
different ones, right?).

Yup. The eye contains four detectors, one for brightness, and one each for the three primary colours which I believe are Red, GREEN and Blue.

I've never heard of the brightness detector being missing - this gives us night vision and our sense of how bright the light is. I think any of the other three missing gives us our typical colour blindnesses.

And I'm guessing here, but I suspect Red/Green blindness is caused by a missing/faulty red detector, so the green detector strays into the red spectrum.

(Insects and birds, I believe, have a fourth colour detector for ultra-violet, while other animals have an infra-red detector.)

Cheers,
Wol