Re: String at the bottom of a cover page without using \markup

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: String at the bottom of a cover page without using \markup
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 20:02:40 +0100

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 7:49 PM Kieren MacMillan <kieren@kierenmacmillan.info> wrote:
Hi again,

>> The fields *are* totally decoupled…
> No, they are not. They are coupled on the first page. Then they are partially decoupled, not totally decoupled.

There is absolutely no coupling:
1. I can have any value I want in the "copyright" field and have it appear nowhere in my score; and
2. I can have the information in the "copyright" field/property appear wherever I want in the score.

This is what you wrote in the past post:
"The copyright property isn't a footer, nor is it coupled with the footer in any way *except* that the default titling includes it on the first page"

---> then yourself wrote that they are not totally decoupled

There is zero "coupling" involved.

> I don't understand what you mean, sorry. Copyright IMHO should not be coupled with the footer

It's not. It's a property that may be given a value in the \header block (see my other email for possible discussion about renaming that!). I'm not sure how much clearer I can make it for you — it may be a language issue.

Yes, I'm seeing it is a language issue. I think you misunderstood the meaning of "coupling" in computer programming. See (absolutely not intended to be polemic, just a clarification)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coupling_(computer_programming)#:~:text=In%20software%20engineering%2C%20coupling%20is,of%20the%20relationships%20between%20modules.

Best,

Kieren.