Re: Unwanted space around cautionary accidental

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Unwanted space around cautionary accidental
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 00:33:09 +0100

Le 23/11/2021 à 00:05, Valentin Petzel a écrit :
Accidental and AccidentalCautionary grob definitions differ in three ways, the
Accidental grob has these three additional properties:

(extra-spacing-width . (-0.2 . 0.0))
(horizontal-skylines . ,(ly:make-unpure-pure-container
ly:accidental-interface::horizontal-skylines))
(vertical-skylines . ,grob::unpure-vertical-skylines-from-stencil)

I know no good reason why these properties should differ, as the only
difference between these grobs should be that AccidentalCautionary has
parenthesize set to #t by default.

The difference in horizontal-skylines is expected,
I believe. Accidental has some adjustments specific to
certain glyphs (flats and double flats). This is not
relevant for AccidentalCautionary because the parentheses
'hide' the outline of the glyph from the horizontal
point of view.

However, the differences in extra-spacing-width and
vertical-skylines are clearly not expected as far
as I can see. Good catch; I suggest to submit a patch.

(Homework for me: figure out why accidentals' skylines
need be unpure??)

Best,
Jean