Re: Frescobaldi fails with Fedora 35 / Python 3.10

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi fails with Fedora 35 / Python 3.10
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 15:18:25 +0100

On Tue, Nov 9 2021 at 10:14:48 +0100, Martin Tarenskeen <m.tarenskeen@kpnmail.nl> wrote:
I have reported the problem upstream, I think the problem is/was already known. Just wanted to warn Fedora+Lilypond/Frescobaldi users who plan to upgrade from Fedora 34 to 35. If you very much need Frescobaldi it might be a good idea to wait until this problem is fixed before upgrading. Hope the problem (wherever it is) will be fixed soon. The problem did not happen with previous Python version(s) on Fedora 34.

Yes, I saw bug reports on Fedora tracker as well as Frescobaldi.
Wilbert pushed some fixes already but I guess it won't be available until next release.
Maybe Fedora maintainer will include a patch.

Meanwhile, do you know there's a flatpak version of Frescobaldi? Flatpak runtime is currently using python 3.8 so it's not affected by this bug.
I've just pushed a commit to bundle the unstable version of LilyPond along with the stable version. It should be available in a few hours.