Frescobaldi fails with Fedora 35 / Python 3.10

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Frescobaldi fails with Fedora 35 / Python 3.10
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2021 10:14:48 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

After upgrading my Linux Fedora from 34 to 35, which now provides Python 3.10, Frescobaldi will hang with a message like:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/frescobaldi_app/qpageview/highlight.py", line 209, in paintEvent
    super().paintEvent(ev)  # first paint the contents
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/frescobaldi_app/qpageview/shadow.py", line 46, in paintEvent
    self.drawDropShadow(page, painter, width)
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/frescobaldi_app/qpageview/shadow.py", line 63, in drawDropShadow
    color.setAlpha(200**f + 55*f)
TypeError: setAlpha(self, int): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'

I have reported the problem upstream, I think the problem is/was already known. Just wanted to warn Fedora+Lilypond/Frescobaldi users who plan to upgrade from Fedora 34 to 35. If you very much need Frescobaldi it might be a good idea to wait until this problem is fixed before upgrading.

Hope the problem (wherever it is) will be fixed soon. The problem did not happen with previous Python version(s) on Fedora 34.

--

MT