Re: 3 questions

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: 3 questions
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 20:42:06 +0200

Hello Kieren,

Using stylesheets is a powerful option in Lilypond. For example I’ve got a
cosmetic include that takes care of fonts and many small details, like paper
margins, offsetting ^\markup in Dynamics contexts to have them centered. Also
I have slightly heavier Beams (Lilypond’s Beams are significantly thinner than
all other notation programs and hand engraved editions!), and also slightly
thicker Staff lines.

So I simply have to include that file to give my scores the Aesthetics I want.

I’ve been thinking about maybe we should create a collection of high quality
style sheets users can simply include to get really nice, different styles. I
think that might open up the customizabilty of Lilypond Scores to new users.

Cheers,
Valentin