Re: 3 questions

From: Jefferson Felix
Subject: Re: 3 questions
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 17:17:59 -0300

I'm not a musescore user, but I came from Finale and Sibelius, and I
think MuseScore is like those ones (WYSIWYG), but it's free.

The main reason I used Lilypond, and this happened in 2004 (I believe
it was version 2.4) was the same reason that made me use LaTeX instead
of Word: to concentrate on musical notes, and leave the layout aspects
to the software. Then I realized that I could write sheet music on
lilypond faster than on any graphics software. Also, I can copy and
paste snippets, create variables and reuse them much more easily than
in a program like Finale or MuseScore.

But, I understand that common users that does not have programming
skills will decide to use WYSIWYG programs, because they are easy to
start something. BTW, Lilypond have a simple syntax and it's easy to
make a score in minutes.

--
---
Jefferson dos Santos Felix