Re: ANN: Spontini-Editor 1.0 released

From: Valentin Petzel
Subject: Re: ANN: Spontini-Editor 1.0 released
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 06:47:45 +0000 (UTC)

Hello Saul,

in many cases a 2.23 ly file will be compatible with a 2.18 Lilypond.

The only problematic cases should be when Spontini uses overrides that did not
exist in 2.18 (which shouldn't be that many) or if you are using music function
that have changes names or syntax, which can also be amended by renaming the
new ones to old ones or creating wrapper music functions, so you can have a few
definitions that can simply be removed for 2.18.

But is there any reason for using such an old Lilypond version?

Cheers,
Valentin

19.10.2021 01:39:59 Saul Tobin <saul.james.tobin@gmail.com>:

> Any possibility of using this with a Lilypond 2.18 project?
>
> On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 6:21 PM Jon Arnold <jonarnoldsemail@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looks promising. The ability to edit slurs with a mouse is huge.
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 2:07 PM Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I just drafted a new release (1.0) of Spontini-Editor, which is now
>>> compatible with LilyPond 2.23.0 to 4
>>>
>>> https://github.com/paopre/Spontini
>>>
>>> Furthermore, it offers a tool that allows you to include or exclude blocks
>>> from the building process of the score.
>>>
>>> I encourage the use of the editor, which I could test intensively, because
>>> it is essentially bug-free, it works perfectly on a Raspberry PI (or any
>>> similar cheap hw) and it allows you to create *very complex* piano scores.
>>>
>>> Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
>>>
>>> HTH
>>> P.