Re: Stemless noteheads

From: stefano franchi
Subject: Re: Stemless noteheads
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 09:00:32 -0600

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 11:36 PM stefano franchi <stefano.franchi@gmail.com> wrote:

There must be a quick and fast solution, given Lilypond's awesome power, but I just can't seem to find it. The closest I got was to override Stem.thickness, but apparently it cannot be set to 0---a faint stem is printed nonetheless.

I knew it had to be super-simple! And I got three solutions in less than 8 hours:

a. \hide Stem
b. \hide Staff.Stem
c. stemOff = {\omit Staff.Stem \omit Staff.Beam \omit Staff.Flag}
   \stemOff

Kudos to Fernando Gil for his most complete solution (c), even though the shorter (a) and (b) worked as well in my easy use case.

Thanks everyone!

Stefano Franchi

stefano.franchi@gmail.com