Stemless noteheads

From: stefano franchi
Subject: Stemless noteheads
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 23:36:43 -0600

I feel very stupid, but I just spent an hour reading through the manuals, searching,  and so on, and I can't find a way to make stemless notes (as they are often used, for instance, to indicate pitch sequences in a text-based discussion, or as an aside in a score to indicate perhaps an uncommon  scale, etc.).

There must be a quick and fast solution, given Lilypond's awesome power, but I just can't seem to find it. The closest I got was to override Stem.thickness, but apparently it cannot be set to 0---a faint stem is printed nonetheless.

Stefano Franchi

stefano.franchi@gmail.com