Re: Custom music notation?

From: ebenezer
Subject: Re: Custom music notation?
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 22:36:19 +0000

"I'm forming the opinion that conventional notation is like the QWERTY keyboard layout."

Exactly.

IMO a new system doesn't even need to be better, just more appealing to the masses. If someone came up with a notation system that enabled teenage girls to be able to sing a song just by simply looking at it, well, within a decade or 2 it's use would be global.

In a similar vein: TAB for guitarists.