Re: Custom music notation?

From: Pashkuli Keyboard
Subject: Re: Custom music notation?
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 17:23:39 +0000

Scales are just formula. The problem is the unnecessary (though inevitable) 'reference' for all scales to a specific special case of one scale - the so called "natural" major.
That is a problem, which is even worse when talking about specific notes. Especially problematic when double flats or sharps are introduced... because of the aforementioned 'reference'.
I never got grasp of this as to me all music (at least 90% of the music I listen) is just those 12 notes.