Re: Future of openLilyLib

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Future of openLilyLib
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 14:14:58 +0200

Jacques Menu <imj-muzhic@bluewin.ch> writes:

> Hello everybody,
>
> The legal subtleties of public licensing never made their way into my
> mind, sorry for being limited…
> What would the difference be, should openLilyLib use LGPL instead of GPL?

You could use and distribute OLL derivatives integrated with non-GPL
licensed software (such as Dorico) as long as you provided the source
code of your OLL derivative in a manner where people could change and
relink with changed versions.

That's more or less all.  I haven't seen anybody wanting to do anything
of that kind, though.

--
David Kastrup