Re: 2.21 note definition change

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: 2.21 note definition change
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 15:53:23 -0700

On 2020-06-23 3:43 pm, Paul Scott wrote:
Here's my MWE which hopefully will show someone what dumb mistake I'm making:

\version "2.21.2"

#(define-markup-command (notetest layout props dur) (ly:duration?)
  interpret-markup layout props
  (markup
   #:note dur #up
 ))

{
  \tempo \markup{ Allegro \notetest #4 }
  c'1
}

#4 is number?. The # signals an escape to Scheme syntax and the 4 is just an integer.

4 by itself could be parsed as ly:duration?, although you are are within \markup which might affect the parsing logic.

-- Aaron Hill