Re: Pedal cautionary after a line break (current status and improvements

From: Paolo Prete
Subject: Re: Pedal cautionary after a line break (current status and improvements)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 21:32:19 +0200

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 9:09 PM Carl Sorensen <carl.d.sorensen@gmail.com> wrote:
Paolo,

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 12:33 PM Paolo Prete <paolopr976@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) Considering that a Pedal cautionary is *essential* in *every* serious
> score, I really encourage the developers to fix this in the development
> branch. I forward this post to the devel ml.

There is no way to "encourage the developers to fix this".  The
developers are all volunteers, and work on what they find interesting.

[CUT.]
 I don't agree at all.
Please don't use harsh words without a reason.
I know the workflow of open source projects very well. For years and as an active volunteer.
What I meant with "encouraging" is simply: "consider that a cautionary pedal is *essential* for  *any* professional score".
This simply means that the fact that a cautionary pedal is essential may have simply been left out casually, and consequently I find it useful to remember it.

Of course then it will be the reader's decision to consider what I write.

If it is taken into consideration, I will be happy.

If it is not taken into consideration, it is okay as well, and I will find an alternative solution.

Again: please, stop using harsh/polemic words without a reason.