Re: Stop Tablature from moving up an octave

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Stop Tablature from moving up an octave
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 10:45:44 -0500

Hi Pierre-Luc,

> \version "2.21.0"
>
> song = {
>  % here you write the music the
>  % way it should sound
>  <e,  g\3  b\2>  <a,\5 g\3 b\2>
>  <d\4 g\3 b\2> <a,\5 g\3 b\2> |
> }

Yes.

> guitarStaff = \transpose c c' {
>  % Here we transpose

NO! Instead, use a transposing clef:

  guitarStaff = {
    \clef "treble_8"
    \new Voice { \song }
  }

If for some (unknown!) reason you don’t want to see the "8", use \omit
ClefModifier.

> For what it's worth, I wish somebody would have told me earlier
> that I should use absolute mode rather than relative.

<Kieren muffles a scream, trying not to point out the multiple list threads
over nearly a decade where he’s been campaigning against relative mode, and
been shut down by other people on the list>

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info