Re: Stop Tablature from moving up an octave

From: Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Subject: Re: Stop Tablature from moving up an octave
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 10:39:57 -0500

Guitar (like the bass) is a transposing instrument.

The Tab part though is not transposing (obviously).

\version "2.21.0"

song = {
  % here you write the music the
  % way it should sound
  <e,  g\3  b\2>  <a,\5 g\3 b\2>
  <d\4 g\3 b\2> <a,\5 g\3 b\2> |
}

guitarStaff = \transpose c c' {
  % Here we transpose because a
  % guitar is a transposing instrument
  \new Staff \with {
    \transposition c
    % This^ will help with MIDI and
    % with \cueDuring etc.
  } \new Voice \with {
  } \song
}

guitarTab = {
  \new TabStaff \with {
  } \new TabVoice \with {
  } \song
}

guitarReal = \new Staff \with {
  \clef bass
} \new Voice \with {
} \song

guitarPart = \new GrandStaff \with {
  instrumentName = "Guitar"
} <<
  \guitarStaff
  \guitarTab

\score {
  <<
    \guitarPart
    \guitarReal

}

For what it's worth, I wish somebody would have told me earlier that I
should use absolute mode rather than relative.
e.g. :  e, is the low e on your guitar.

--
Pierre-Luc Gauthier