Stop Tablature from moving up an octave

From: Bob Stricklin
Subject: Stop Tablature from moving up an octave
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 14:26:18 +0000

I am new to Lilypond and can not get Tablature for guitar to work like I think
it should.

The documentation indicates Lilypond will select the lowest fret and open
strings.

When I run my example below the tablature selects fret position 12 and not zero
for three of the note groups.
I want it to select zero for all strings played. Is there an easy solution to
this issue?

Its odd that the code works properly for one of the three note groupings.

This is to represent finger picking a bass note and two other notes with
fingers.

My Simplified code input using Frescobaldi on Ubuntu 18.04.

\version "2.18.2"

song = {
    <e,  g'\3  b\2>  <a\5 g'\3 b\2>  <d\4 g\3 b\2> <a\5 g'\3 b\2>
}

  \score {
  <<
%   \override StringNumber #'transparent = ##t
   \relative c'

     {\song }
   }

   \new TabStaff

    {\song}

}

Output numbers only:

                0               0               0               0
                12              12              0               12

                0               0               0               0

I wish there was an ability to:

Select string and fret manually. Something like \3-0.

It would also be helpful to have a command like
\set TabStaff.maximumFret=#5       This would force the automatic code to
remain in the first few frets.