RE: Notes or chords sustained with a pedal

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: RE: Notes or chords sustained with a pedal
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 09:24:35 -0800

Robert,

Might it be the sostentuto pedal?

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/piano

Mark

From: lilypond-user [mailto:lilypond-user-bounces+carsonmark=address@hidden] On Behalf Of Robert Blackstone
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2019 3:33 AM
To: Robin Bannister <address@hidden>
Subject: Notes or chords sustained with a pedal

Hi Robin,

I tried some of the procedures I found on

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2019-05/msg00202.html, the thread you advised me  to look at but they did not help me very much.

So I tried to  develop some trick or tweak without having to program things with scheme, with which I have no experience at all.

Anyway, I found something that gave me a result, not quite identical to what I wanted to get, but good enough for me and probably sufficiently clear for a pianist.

See the attached screenshot.

Best regards,

Robert