Re: Alternating text and music

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Alternating text and music
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 09:36:49 -0500

On Sat 27 Jul 2019 at 11:32:58 (+0100), Wols Lists wrote:
> On 26/07/19 12:23, Peter Toye wrote:
> >
> > Thanks very much for all the suggestions. I had asked for an _easy_ way!
> > Also, I'm not 100% fussed about the exact layout as it's only for an
> > example.
>
> Just a thought ... can't lily chuck out png's? I've never used it, but
> if it can chuck out one png per line it'll cost a little bit of effort
> to assemble it in your word processor of choice, but you could import
> them, and then put the text between the lines.

I would advise against that because PNGs are rastered. The hint is in
the name: portable-Network-graphics.

As I posted earlier, all the tools are nowadays available for using a
scalable format like PDF. It might be overkill for the OP's particular
case, but it will produce a high-quality product with minimal coercion
of LP.

Screenshots (in PNG format themelves of course) are magnified from a
Letter page of a 4-part harmonised hymn, run in PDF format and in a
855x1111 8-bit PNG format.

Cheers,
David.